The first signs that fall is upon us have arrived; the beautiful and vibrant leaves are filling the crisp fall atmosphere. Eventually those leaves fall off the trees creating a fun play environment for children and pets. However, it also means hours of work cleaning them up. As labor intense as it may be to clean-up and dispose of all these leaves, it is a necessary evil. Why do you need to clean-up those leaves?
Leaving the leaves creates problems for your lawn.
- Leaves on the lawn deprive grass plants of needed sunlight. This will cause brown patches and/or dead patches in the lawn.
- Leaves on the lawn suffocate and kill the lawn by depriving the turf of vital oxygen.
- Leaves on the lawn trap moisture within the turf which can create fungus issues.
Leaf clean-up in just one aspect in assuring that your yard looks its best come next spring. A complete fall clean-up is the key to preparing your landscape for a long winters nap and ensuring that it awakes happy and healthy in the spring. No one likes a cranky yard.
What else is important in a final fall clean-up?
- The lawn should be mowed shorter than normal (around 3 inches) to prevent fungus problems.
- Trim and shape hedges and shrubs one last time for a neat winter appearance and to prevent snow and ice damage.
- Dead wood or cross branches should be pruned to eliminate the chance of pest issues.
- Remove all leaves, branches, twigs and debris from lawn and planting beds.
- Perennial flowers should be “dead-headed” to promote growth in the spring.
- Mulch should be turned and roughed up for a neat appearance and to eliminate any mold that may be setting in.
- Fall fertilizer high in natural phosphorus should be applied to promote healthy turf growth in the spring.
We know that you have a significant amount of money invested in your landscaping. We don’t want your investment ruined because too much debris was left in your plants to cause rot or encourage animals to nest in for the winter. Putting in the time or money for a proper fall clean-up will not only pay off come spring with a beautiful and healthy yard but will also have things looking great for those Christmas lights and decorations. Fall Clean-up and Leaf Removal is is key to a full and lush lawn next year.
GreenLawn by Design’s job is to make certain that your landscaping has the best possible advantage going into the winter season. If your Fall Clean-up and Leaf Removal is done properly, you can expect everything to be in the best possible condition when Spring arrives. Book your Fall Clean-Up – Leaf Removal Today!
GreenLawn by Design takes great pride in providing our customers with the highest degree of satisfaction. As a Veteran-Owned and operated company in Carmel, Indiana and serving Westfield, Fishers, Nobelsville and the Zionsville area, we embrace the values that are important to you and our community. We guarantee our services and stand behind the work we do. We promise to you that we WILL; give the attention to detail your project deserves, always show respect to you and your family, produce clean efficient work, and place the needs of your yard first. It may be your yard, but it’s our mission.
And Don’t wait until the First Snow hits-Get a Quote now and arrange for timely snow removal!